Guns N (White) Roses

I was watching the news when it was reported that a six-year old boy had accidentally killed his father. The boy had been asked to fetch the father's gun from upstairs. When the boy came down and sat beside him on the sofa, he pulled the trigger not knowing that it was loaded. This unfortunate occurrence happened to have taken place on Father's Day.

It made me think about the knife culture back in the UK. I'm not sure as to which is worse, the offences here fuelled by legalised guns, or the killing of young people due to their ignorance regarding the dangers of knives. I think that to try and quantify either is an attempt to quantify evil, and as far as I'm concerned this is not feasible (in terms that will satisfy our understanding of it).

But what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment