The Confessions of St Augustine

I've begun to read The Confessions of St Augustine in order to get myself theologizing before the start of the semester. I noticed that St Augustine asks the question: ‘But how will people call upon you if they do not believe in you?’ What I ask is: How do people –who believe in you- call upon you when they doubt their belief of believing in you?
I sometimes feel that I’m losing touch with my faith, with what I’ve believed for most of my life. For so long I have strived to return to a time when putting God first was habitual to me, when questioning what I believe was never a question I had to ask, or when I could confidently say that I was happy. But no longer does this place in time exist. Perhaps, given time, it will once again be reachable. I can only hope -and pray- that this is so.

No comments:

Post a Comment