Thursday 6th August - Goodbye is Not Forever

This morning it was time for me to bid farewell to the country they call the Pearl of the Orient.

I hugged my cousins as they went off to school, said bye to all the neighbours and even had a chance to play with my godson before I left.

At Manila airport only departing passengers are able to enter the airport, not unlike in the UK where friends and family can accompany their loved ones.
So, we said our goodbyes in the unloading bay: my Lola cried her eyes out, my cousin wrapped himself around my leg and my brother pat me on the back reminding me to buy the things on his list. All in all t'was a bit emotional.

Although, for me, it was not until we were 10,000 feet in the air above the slums of Manila, that I wondered when I would be able to visit again - and more importantly, whether I would be able to fulfil my Lola's wish of seeing her once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment