Saturday 19th September - Freshers' Week

Began the first of seven compulsory events this week donning my large Persian blue volunteer’s t-shirt and a big cheesy grin, ready to greet the Freshers as they come pouring in through the doors.

Did I say pouring? Trickling more like. There weren’t as many students as I had expected but most of those who did arrive seemed quite perturbed by all the strange people in blue t-shirts smiling at them. Although that didn't stop us. With complimentary tea/coffee and free lollies (as well as the power to decide who proceeds through Freshers’ Week intoxicated and who doesn’t), what I thought would be a long and tiresome couple of hours ended up being quite enjoyable.

After dropping my family off to the station I finally had the chance to just relax and soak in what – essentially - will be my new ‘home’ for the next year. With my beloved camera out of action I’ve had to make do with my camera phone. Here are the results:

Fire and kitchen go hand in hand
The Kitchen/Diner
There were no doorstops so I had to make do
The view from the living room
The view from the kitchen
The pond and the other flats
My company for the next couple of days

No comments:

Post a Comment