Tuesday 22nd June - Au revoir London

Do you know what I love most about going away? Flying. I love the moment the plane makes that deep rumbling noise just before take off, and the butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling you experience when the wheels lift up off the ground. I can't help but experience this great sense of excitement when flying. It must be the thrill of escaping, something new and different to greet us when we arrive, or the feeling of not knowing what is ahead.

It's unnatural for human's to fly. If this were not the case then we would have wings. Some describe flying as a horrible experience where one is confined to a tin can supported only by two wings and the laws of physics. For me, the feeling of being surrounded by nothing but clouds - or in some cases an endless canvas of blue - gives me a sense of tranquility. Being in the air provides a sense of solitude, detachment and peace that few places on earth provide.
Looking out the window at the night sky and down at the specks of light, I wonder what people are doing. What kind of lives they lead, what they are thinking, whether some are reading bedime stories to their children or lying in bed alone for another day at work.
But maybe that's just me.
[stupid editing features are not working on blogger, ho-hum]

No comments:

Post a Comment