Wednesday 7th September - Back in St Andrews

Second night in a row I've not slept very well. This time it was more the smacking-my-head-against-the-wall/rolling-off-the-bed reason than anything else.

It's not a good sign when you search "monastic spirituality" in the online library catalogue and no directly relevant books appear. So much for starting work straight away.

Seeing as my intentions to start reading had failed I resorted to, well, thinking. It took three hours to pass till I realised the need to eat. Three hours spent in intense pensiveness cannot be a good thing, surely?

Anyway, I'm going through a Damien Rice phase. I find his songs express what I'm feeling more than any words I can write here. I've had this particular song on repeat all day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment