Sunday 9th October - Still Here

Hi there, I'm still here, just not here. So many things going on, and so much to blog about. Here's a summary of what's been going on:

Attempting to buy bribe offer my dissertation supervisor a homemade cupcake; Social after social; Spending longer than needed making posters on Photoshop; A beautiful view of Alexandra Palace; Loving friends; Surprise visit to London for Mother's birthday which ended in tears (happy ones); Fun family time; Talking to my priest and getting excited about the ongoing work on the church; My Gran and her insistence that I marry a handyman; Catch up with a friend in a stylish west London pub; Reading Merton's Elected Silence; Movie night with friends and how Jonathan Rhys Meyers sounds like James Blunt in Match Point; Attending a high Anglican service and missing incense; and spending two hours with a PhD student discussing my dissertation i.e. the religious life, Carmelites, Benedictines, Carthusians, Cistercians, Thomas Merton, Vatican II, Pope Paul VI, Pope John Paul II, Silence etc.

All good/stressful/busy fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment