Tuesday 21st December - Christmas Shopping

I didn't manage to catch much sleep last night for various reasons, one of them being that I could not stop coughing for the life of me. If that wasn't bad enough I've developed manic sneezing; so much so I'm getting headaches.


Anyway, I had to go to Westfield this morning in order to find myself a Christmas present. I don't usually care much for presents but on family orders it was necessary for me to come home with something, if not only to have something to open on Christmas day.

As usual I'm in and out before you know it. I'm not a fan of faffing about shopping. I know what I want/am looking for, get it and get out. I went to the Sony Vaio store to get a new charger for my beloved laptop (it's been dead since the beginning of November). I was at the counter and had taken out my purse, ready to pay £120, when the guy asked me 'Do you love your laptop?' I thought I heard him wrong, but I politely said 'Sorry?' and he replied with the same question. He suggested holding off buying a charger and just buying a new laptop. That's when it hit me. I was going to buy myself a Macbook.

I wandered over to the Apple store, card in hand when I began to have second thoughts. Do I really need a Mac? If it's the price of the charger that's holding me back I could try my luck at one of those fake ones. At £730 it's still a bit pricey, and I could always find a laptop for cheaper. Anyway, the doubts were enough for me to put my card away and return home empty-handed.

Just when I thought I would be able to rest, I was beckoned to embark on Christmas food shopping down Kensington High Street. You would perhaps think it was to choose what food we were to eat, but no, it was merely to help carry it all.

I was ill, had to deal with bright artificial lights, and lots of people. I was not having fun. If you follow me on twitter you will have been bored already with the goings on of the trip, thus I will leave out all the banter here and you can rummage around my timeline if you're that interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment